Re: Another funny update?

On Mon, 2010-06-14 at 18:32 -0500, Dale J. Chatham wrote:
> On 06/14/2010 06:29 PM, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> > On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 19:13:59 -0400,
> >    Marcel Rieux<m.z.rieux@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
> >
> > For this issue you are really complaining to the wrong people.
> kmod-nvidia
> > is from their repository. If lack of an updated kmod-nvidia update
> needs
> > to block a kernel update, it needs to be handled in that repo.
> >

> Some might argue that those who might be blamed by the unenlightened
> should do something to keep people from crashing their new systems and
> not knowing why or how to work around it.

And how are they supposed to do that? I'm trying and failing to follow
the logic here. RPMfusion and other repos are not enabled automatically
by the Fedora installation process; the user has to take specific action
to enable them and should be aware of the potential consequences. Are
you proposing to outlaw third-party repos? If not, what are you
proposing in order to "keep people from crashing their new systems"?

poc