upgrading webcam....and pulseaudio

I bought a microsoft VX5000 USB webcam (with integrated mike) replacing
an old logitech device with no mike.
Now when it is connected at start-up my system doesn't see the audio
chip (ICH5), i.e. it is listed in lspci but not available in pulseaudio,
therefore I do not have any sound at all (no music, no skype,etc..)

If webcam is connected to an USB portafter start-up, system seems to
work properly.
Any suggestion, any bug to file???
--
Antonio