Re: Hibernate and resume

On 14/06/2010 12:37, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> Michal wrote:
>
>> On 14/06/2010 12:00, Timothy Murphy wrote:
>>> Slightly OT, perhaps,
>>> but I find hibernation works fine under Fedora-13.
>>> The only minor problem (if you can call it that)
>>> is that ssh connections are lost on resumption.
>>>
>>> Is there any simple way of overcoming this?
>>>

>> Your closing the network connection so it will close the SSH
>> tunnel...remember your are actually turning off the PC
>
> I sort of understood that,
> but just wondered if by chance there was a simple way
> of getting hibernate to note which connections it was closing,
> and try tp re-open them on when on resumption.
>
> Eg autofs seems to re-mount remote folders easily enough.

Hmm well possibly, by using a script that kicks in at hibernation, but
you would need to decide whether it's any SSH connection open at that
time, or if it's always the same. If it's always the same you could just
have a script to open them on start up. If it's any SSH connection open
at that time, it would need more work...but maybe there is a better way
then what I'm suggesting