Re: Adobe (Temporarily?) Kills 64-Bit Flash For Linux

On 06/14/2010 12:54 PM, Patrick Bartek wrote:
> --- On Sun, 6/13/10, Bill Davidsen<davidsen@xxxxxxx>  wrote:
>

>> That isn't going to make people very
>> happy.
>>
>> http://linux.slashdot.org/story/10/06/11/1338207/Adobe-Temporarily-Kills-64-Bit-Flash-For-Linux
>>
> Guess I'll just continue to use 10.0 R45 Beta 64-bit like I have been since February when it was released.  I works well enough for me.  Yes, it crashes sometimes, but not often.  In fact, since I cleaned Totem (and its related/unneeded dependencies) off my system--first with F9 and then with F12--in favor of mplayer, I've had a lot less video streaming/playing problems.
>
> However, I still have that Hulu-won't-play-with-64bit-Flash problem, except by using their 64-bit desktop player.

This might be OK if they hadn't admitted that the version you are
running has some huge security hole.

I have put the new 32 bit flash player on my 64 bit Fedora 11 machine,
and the audio keeps stopping. The audio will only restart if I shut down
Firefox and restart it.

I have put the new 32 bit flash player on my 32 bit Fedora 13 HP5101
netbook, and things are much more fun. It seems to be showing up some
kernel bug, as I get kernel errors every now and then, and the whole
screen scrambles.

Steve