In praise of Windows

Am I alone in finding the old (classic) Windows XP control panel
greatly superior to the KDE analogue?

I find Windows' My Computer much better
than any Fedora counterpart, too.

The network interface through the "Connect to" icon
is also more intelligible than the NM interface, in my view.

On the whole I find Fedora/KDE much pleasanter to use than Windows,
which I suppose I use about 5% of the time.
In particular I find if something goes wrong in Windows
it is far more difficult to correct.

But there are several features where Windows wins, as I have suggested.
I hope the Fedora/KDE developers look carefully at Windows,
to see what they can steal.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net