Re: How is (k)networkmanager supposed to work these days ?

> I set up networking with network
> manager on my laptop back in F11.  Or
> was it F10 ?  Not sure.  Everything has worked
> fine since then.  I had
> an icon in my system tray that showed me signal strength
> and I could
> click to select various APs, connect, etc.  I
> accomplished this using
> the NetworkManager-gnome package.
>
> Last night I upgraded from F12 to F13.  Everything
> went fine except when
> I booted I was without wifi functionality.  I got
> everything working but
> I don't have an icon in my system tray anymore.
>
> How do I fix this ?
>
> I yum list \*network\*  and saw that there is a
> knetworkmanager package.
> If I install it, how do I use it ?
>
> Thanks
>
> --

Before you install knetworkmanager, why don't you try from command line terminal:

$ nm-applet &

and it should bring up the icon that you need.  Don't know if it is a bug but if one updates/updated during Fedora 13 Release cycle(Testing), this happened there too.  In my case, I have to use this, because my laptop does the same thing as is happening to you.  Don't know why it happens, but something broke it from starting automagically :(

Hope this helps,

Antonio