Re: FC13 Virt & Win XP guest

Suvayu Ali wrote:
> On Thursday 10 June 2010 12:18 AM, Ken Smith wrote:
>
>> Hi all, I've set up FC13 64bit on a machine with an intel i7 and 4G memory
>>
>> I'm trying to get a simple virtualisation to work. I followed the
>> instructions here ->
>>
>> http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/13/html/Virtualization_Guide/sect-Virtualization-Installing_Windows_XP_as_a_fully_virtualized_guest.html
>>

>> The install of XP runs fine but when it reboots to run the GUI part of
>> the install I get this message in the VM's console:-
>>
>> Booting from Hard Disk:
>>
>> A disk read error occurred
>> Press Ctrl-Alt-Del to restart
>>

> Pick boot from CD and reboot, it will fix itself. I also ran into this
> yesterday.
>

>> Ken

Thanks for the swift response,

I'm installing from an ISO image of the XP install CD. Won't that just
kick off the install from the start over again?

Sorry to misunderstand. How do you tell the VM to boot from CD (or in my
case the ISO) ? Could you say the actual steps you took - that would be
great.

Thanks

Ken

believed to be clean.