Re: [F13, Nvidia] Nvidia drivers for Nvidia GF FX5200

On 06/07/2010 01:51 PM, Michael Cronenworth wrote:

> A 5200FX is not remotely fast to begin with. I used to run one in a work
> machine. I've since banned the lowest tier cards from my future
> purchases. They aren't saving you any money when you can't be productive!

True, the card isn't fast, but with the Nvidia driver mine playes 720p
video perfectly, whereas with the Nouveau driver I get a stuttering,
jerky mess. A well written driver can make old hardware useful, and as
we all have seen with ATI, a poorly written driver can ruin great hardware.

Regards,

John