Does ccsm work with nouveau?

Is there anyone here who has:

1) Installed the experimental DRI drivers

and

2) Who is using nouveau with an Nvidia NV4x chipset (geforce go 6600 is what I got myself)

and

3) Who enabled compiz in desktop effects

and

4) Who used ccsm, and actually managed to get ccsm to do something?

I can run ccsm without any apparent errors. I can choose to enable/disable various plugins ccsm offers me, through its interface.

But that's pretty much it. I can see nothing that comes out from my fiddling in ccsm. Bupkis. Nothing happens as a result of me flipping the various knobs in ccsm. I enable, disable various plugins. Pushing the key sequence that those plugins seem to be using results in nothing, zilch.

The only thing that works for me are the two checkmarks in the "Desktop Effects" preferences dialog. I can make the windows wobble, and get the cube effect when flipping through workspaces. But nothing in ccsm proper apparently has any effect for me. I ran ccsm from a terminal window, in case in blurts something to standard error, but nothing comes out, it just takes my settings, and, nothing happens.

It's probably that the freshly-minted noveau driver doesn't yet implement some key piece of functionality ccsm needs, but no error gets reported. But maybe I've missed some required step somewhere along the way.