Re: Desktop doesn't wake up from suspend

On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 3:12 PM, Alex <mysqlstudent@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using FC13 x86_64 with all updates on an MSI MS-7025 motherboard
> with a "AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3500+". I've configured power
> management in the BIOS to put the system to sleep in ten minutes, and
> left it disabled in fedora. It goes to sleep but doesn't wake up.
> Pressing the power button after it goes to sleep causes it to power
> up, but fedora never starts and it's necessary to hit the reset
> button.
>
> Am I configuring something wrong, or is this a bug? I've also tried to
> configure fedora itself, in conjunction with power management in the
> BIOS, but it makes no difference.
>
> Here is the output from lspci:
> http://pastebin.com/49YwS8VL
>
> Here is the output from dmidecode:
> http://pastebin.com/LB9zVLUN
>
> Here is the output from dmesg:
> http://pastebin.com/JGisLb3r
>
> Here is the output from lsmod:
> http://pastebin.com/vkrXWp7P
>
> Is there any other information I can provide to troubleshoot this further?

On my Thinkpad T60 laptop with an Radeon graphics card (I forget
which) running Fedora 11, I can only get a successful wake-up from
sleep if I add

nomodeset

to the kernel boot line.

I'm not sure whether this still works with Fedora 13 and whether it
will solve your problem, but you may want to give it a try.

Peter