Re: Network Manager, WPA, "available to all users"

On 06/03/2010 05:36 PM, jack craig wrote:

>> My files seem configured appropriately. Unfortunately, the system does
>> not come up on the network.
>>
>> And, when I check "Available to all users" in nm-applet, the connection
>> is dropped and disappears from the wireless list.
>>

> FWIW, it works fine on my netbook. On a recent trip, it kept booting up and
> trying to connect to the wifi at the hotel i just left.
>
> but once i reset to the current wifi, it rebooted automatically, correctly.

I've got it working now with 'network' and not 'NetworkManager', but I
have a lot of stuff going on that may be related to upgrades from F11 to
F12 then F13.  I'm thinking that maybe sometime next week, it's time to
wipe the machine and do a clean install for F13.

Note:  I had to change /etc/init.d/wpa_supplicant to make wpa_supplicant
associate itself with the network card:

        wpa_supplicant -B -iwlan0 -c/etc/wpa_supplicant.conf
#	daemon $prog -c $conf $INTERFACES $DRIVERS -B $OTHER_ARGS

Once I got that figured out, it "just worked".

--
-- Steve