Re: fedora 13 - upgarding from DVD with no /boot

On Mon, 2010-05-31 at 08:59 -0400, Genes MailLists wrote:
> On 05/30/2010 07:34 PM, Genes MailLists wrote:
> >
> >  I have an existing install (f10) with a root partition and /home partition.
> >
> >  When I boot the install DVD - there is no screen which offers me a
> > choice whether i want to upgrade or do a fresh install - it -assumes- I
> > want to install fresh.
> >
> >  Is this a bug or is there an option I need to put in somewhere to
> > upgrade this system?
> >
> >   thanks for any pointers.
> >

> >  gene/
> >

>   I guess its only possible fpr anaconda to upgrade if there is a
> separate boot partition ...

I am not sure why that should be. The screen to Install or upgrade
should appear before you are asked to choose storage devices. There is
an error inn the Quick Start Guide which has the screen after you decide
on the storage reconfiguration but that makes no sense. If you upgrade
you would keep the same partitions.