Re: DVD Installer on USB...?

On Mon, 2010-05-31 at 12:48 -0400, Genes MailLists wrote:
> On 05/31/2010 12:20 PM, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
>  documentation does not work.
> >
> > I was convinced I'd actually done this, but my memory must be faulty.
> >

>   I think it may be  helpful to follow the advice of mcloaked earlier in
> the thread ... he explains how to make a bootable usb that works - and
> then put the dvd as a hard drive install on the mem stick - and then the
> gotcha's even ..

I will probably try this next.

...But frankly, this means the amount of effort involved is high enough
that the time it takes to just burn a DVD to do the same thing makes
things awash at best and likely in favor of just burning the DVD.

So, it will be good for making something work if you have to.

Wonder if we can take the process and script it or just add it to the
existing tools as another option. Perhaps for F14...? In any case, the
current situation means we have an error in the documentation that
should probably be fixed.

Cheers,

Chris