Re: F13: Delay in screen refresh

On 05/31/2010 05:24 AM, Marco Guazzone wrote:

  Weird - I've seen similar when something is either occupying large CPU
or large memory.

  If something has sucked up the memory and the application is paging
off disk for example. Look for any processes which are taking up a lot
of memory (run away firefox, chrome etc)

  Can you run

  vmstat 1

  in a terminal window while this happening too please.

  I've also seen this with driver problems causing the kernel to have
some kind of problem (page faults, oops etc).

  For /var/log/messages I'd

  egrep 'warn|err' /var/log/message

 Also try looking in the X log file(s) (/var/log/Xorg.0.log and
~/.xsession-errors)

 It is also possible your disk is dying and the errors cannot be written
out.

  You could try checking if there are hardware problems (perhaps run
your dell diagnostics disk).

 gene