Re: preupgrade: not enough space again

On 30 May 2010 13:16, Timothy Murphy <gayleard@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Alan Evans wrote:
>
>> Preupgrade is complaining that I don't have enough space in
>> /boot/upgrade. How much space is needed? Preupgrade is not telling me.
>> It *did* tell me that I could continue if I had a wired network
>> connection. I do have, so I continued; and then after finally
>> downloading all the packages (much time) and rebooting it apparently
>> couldn't find the driver for my network card. Bother.
>
> Am I alone in thinking that preupgrade was a nice idea
> which has never worked perfectly, and which should be quietly dropped?

preupgrade is actively maintained and developed by some of the
smartest contributors to Fedora, so I am certain that if you file bug
reports about how it's not worked for you they will get fixed.
Personally, I have used preupgrade to take four machines from F12 to
F13, and it's worked absolutely flawlessly. So, I don't think it
should be quietly dropped.

Jonathan.