Re: Installing F13

I have just done a clean install of F13 86_64 and it has worked more
smoothly than ever before. The default installation creates a 500 MB
boot partition (ext4), as well as root and home. It's worth reviewing
the sizes because it gives equal shares to these two and you may well
want more for /home.

nouveau does not support compiz, so no desktop effects, but you can live
without them. On the plus side, dvds play perfectly in totem (but you
still need to get the non-free codecs from rpmfusion and libdvdcss from
livna). At this stage I haven't bothered to install the nvidia drivers.

Personally, I prefer to do a clean install, since it gets rid of
accumulated clutter. That assumes you have a convenient way of backing
up your /home directory.
--
N James Bridge <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>