Re: Installing F13

> On Sat, 2010-05-29 at 15:49 -0500, Aaron Konstam wrote:
>
>>> Supposedly /boot cannot be ext4 as it's not yet supported by Grub,
>>>
>> so I
>>
>>> don't know how you got that to work.
>>>

>> It iis my impresssion that the abovve is no longer true.
>>
> It seems so. It can't be Btrfs but ext4 isn't explicitly forbidden.
> OTOH, the OP is talking about his existing F12 /boot partition. which I
> don't think could be ext4.
>
> poc

What it has done, when I installed F12 I did not select separate home
partition so the install created /boot ext4 and a virtual disk (lvm2)
for the home partition.

I have two options 1.) boot gpart live iso and resize the boot and
upgrade to F13
or the most likely option Is to reformat and clean install F13 with
seperate /home partition.

Either way I still have to back up the /home virtual partition (300gig)
before I do anything

gparted I find out now will handle lvm filesystem so I will go for the
learning experience and try the resize of boot and make a /home
partition first (after backup)

If that runs into problems then I have no lose and just reformat entire
drive and install F13

I am not sure about the nvidia proprietary drivers if I am successful in
the /boot resize and upgrade.
Would I reinstate nouveau first before the upgrade attempt or can I
install F13 upgrade with the nvidia drivers intact?

Thanks for the responses

Michael