Re: Installing F13

On Sat, 2010-05-29 at 11:44 -0700, Michael Miles wrote:
> On 05/29/2010 11:40 AM, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> > On Sat, 2010-05-29 at 11:22 -0700, Michael Miles wrote:
> >
> >> I would like to install F13 x64
> >>
> >> I have seen the size difference in the partitions.
> >> Question: Do I have to reformat my F12 installation or will upgrade
> >> resize the boot partition?
> >>
> > Is your current F12 installation 32-bit or 64-bit? If it's 32-bit, I
> > think you'll need to do a complete install, not an upgrade. In that case
> > you can change the partitioning. For an upgrade, you can't. Of course
> > you can always change it beforehand using gparted if you're worried
> > about size.
> >

> >> I did not select a seperate Home partition when I installed F12. I
> >> realize now I should have.
> >>
> > Definitely. Best back up /home and create a new partition once and for
> > all. While you're at it, make sure /boot is at least 500MB in case you
> > want to use preupgrade in the future.
> >
> > poc
> >

> Thanks Poc
>
> It is a 64 bit install of F12
>
> I am a concerned about loosing a Tbit of data

That's pretty unlikely, but only you know how much it's worth to you.
For example, if you don't back it up regularly, that would be an
indicator. I back up daily to a network drive so this kind of thing
comes essentially for no extra cost.

BTW you mean "losing", not "loosing". Two different words, two different
meanings. Sorry, but I see this increasingly often on mailing lists and
it's starting to get to me :-)

poc