Re: F13 install problem (/dev/fd0 error)

Wolfgang S. Rupprecht writes:

dale@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
I cannot get FC13 to install.  I get a repeating /dev/fd0 error, which
sorta makes sense since the machine doesn't have a floppy.  However, it
never gets past the error.

Has anyone seen this one?

Yes.  Same here on my Asus M3A78T (AMD) motherboard.

It hung until I used Alt-Ctl-F1 Alt-Ctl-F2 Alt-Ctl-F3 etc to switch
screens. When I switched back it had managed to "unstick" itself and the
install proceeded.  The Anacondia (??) screen's blue background never
refreshed and stayed black, but I decided I could live with that as long
as the install proceeded. ;-)  I'm typing on that machine now.  There
doesn't seem to have been any lasting damage.  the real kernel seems to
work just fine.

Go into your BIOS setup. See if your BIOS believes that there's a floppy drive hiding somewhere, and disable it.