F12->F13 DVD Upgrade fails

I downloaded the F13 final ISO image for x86_64 using Bittorrent,
verified the SHA254 checksum, burned the DVD, rebooted, verified the
media, and attempted to upgrade.

I get this message immediately after selecting the install drive and
hitting Next:

                                     Error
        Unable to read package metadata. This may be due to a missing
        repodata directory. Please ensure that your install tree has
        been correctly generated.

        Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository:
        anaconda-InstallationRepo-201005130101.x86_64. Please verify its
        path and try again.

I rebooted and rechecked the media, and did it all again, with the same
result.

Two points here:

1) This appears to be something missing from the DVD, in which case it's
surprising it hasn't been noticed before. Maybe I'm the first to try
upgrading a x86_64 system from DVD?

2) The error message is of little practical use to average user. "Please
ensure that your install tree has been correctly generated"? How? Verify
the path? WTF?

poc