Re: Subject: Re: Gnome virt-manager

On Sun, 23 May 2010 11:33:00 -0400
Overkill wrote:

> I can live with that until I figure out why this
> polkit-gnome-authentication-agent-1 has an issue with nx client.

I've noticed that my gnome-settings-daemon aborts when run
under NX, apparently due to no sound being available (that's
only a guess, haven't investigated in detail). Maybe there
is some more generic problem with the gazillion gnome
daemons than just sound though. Some window property that
isn't setup because gdm never ran or something?

There may be some big differences between the way NX starts
a gnome session and the way a session is started by gdm.
I think NX just runs /usr/bin/gnome-session, which,
despite the name, doesn't seem to start everything a
gnome session needs.

There may be things under /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc.d/
that aren't getting run via NX (or some other magic
init script location I've never yet stumbled across).