Subject: Re: Gnome virt-manager

Paolo;

You have a couple of choices here. I'm not a Policykit expert but the below
two methods should work.

1. At the command line run  [user@system]su -c "virtmanager". Where the
"[user@system]" is the command line prompt for your system and "virtmanager"
is the exact name for the virtmanager application on your system. You should
get a request for a root password. Then it should work. If you have any
questions about what "su" does then just type "man su" at the terminal
window prompt without the double quote marks. That should bring up a page
telling what "su" does and the various optional setting.

2. You can go to the "Main Menu" selection under the "System->Preferences"
selection. Clicking on the "Main menu" item starts the menu editor. Locate
the menu selection for the virtmanager, should be Application->System, and
right click on it to bring up a window with one of the options being the
"Preferences" selection then click on it. Change the command line to the
above, without the prompt of course. Then change the "Type" setting to
"Application in Terminal". Close everything then quit the menu editor. Now
when you click on the virtmanager selection you should get a popup terminal
window with a prompt for the root password.

I've had to do this with several things to work around not being asked for a
root password for several system settings and services. I know its not the
best way but at least it should work.

Regards;

Lee

"There are morons in every line of work.
Some just get paid more for their stupidity ".