Re: May 17-19 update borked my system

--- On Tue, 5/18/10, Dennis Mattingly <dennismattinglyzzark@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The most recent round of updates did two things:
> : It changed my resolution (fonts are smaller, desktop icons moved,
> toolbar icons moved)
> : I can no longer play Enemy Territory: Quake Wars
>
> ********************
>
> ERROR: The current video card / driver combination does not support the > necessary features: GL_ARB_texture_rectangle or GL_EXT_texture_rectangle
> ********************

Check that your old video driver wasn't replaced by the update.

> So I have two questions:
> 1) How can I list the packages that were updated in my last update?
> 2) How much blame shall I assign to NVIDIA / Fedora?
>
> I'm not really upset, as the games are one way of preventing me from
> becoming a developer :-)
> But it would be nice to know if this was all "intended" or "bugz".
>

> Fedora 12 - NVIDIA GS8400 - Using for last 4 months - Dual Core - 2 GIG > RAM - NVIDIA binary driver

Is your NVIDIA driver from NVIDIA or is it the RPMFusion repository one?  I used the Fusion version one since FC6.  Never had any problems.  But since upgrading to F12, the stock nouveau one works fine with my GeForce 6600 card, but then my card isn't a 3D/gamer card.

This link might be of help:

   http://www.mjmwired.net/resources/mjm-fedora-nvidia.html