Re: First NFS entry in fstab not mounting at boot

On 05/17/2010 08:33 PM, Karl-Olov Serrander wrote:
> On Mon, 17 May 2010, Wolfgang S. Rupprecht wrote:
>
>> BadMagic<badmagic@xxxxxxxxxxxx>  writes:

>>> Possible - if this were the problem, what can be
>>> done to investigate/fix this?
>>>
>> echo "NETWORKWAIT=yes">>   /etc/sysconfig/network
>>
>> reboot
>>
>> I'm not sure why networkwait isn't the default.  Running without it
>> causes quite a bit of the stuff that relies on the network to fail.
>>
>> -wolfgang
>>
> Is this documented somewhere ?
>
> It is not in /usr/share/doc/initscripts-9.02.1/sysconfig.txt for Fedora 12
> or /usr/share/doc/initscripts-9.12/sysconfig.txt for Fedora 13.
>
> Regards

NETWORKWAIT didn't work either.

I noticed one strange thing. I put an entry in my fstab above the other
legitimate entries like:

fs1:/data/users     /users    nfs      defaults  0 0

fs1:/data/users does exist on the server but I deleted the /users
mountpoint on my computer to see what would happen.

It skips this entry and the next legit entry and still only mounts the
last 2.

This is like something out of a nerd horror movie.