Re: First NFS entry in fstab not mounting at boot

On Sun, 16 May 2010 19:32:15 +0100
Sam Sharpe wrote:

> but there is usually a reason why something is a
> particular priority and hence changing it is not necessarily a good
> idea.

I once examined my system when trying to figure out how to
write an init script and found virtually none of the scripts
were installed at the priority the comments say they should be
at. Since this was just a straight fedora install with
nothing tricky done to tweak it, I assume someone somewhere
has a different idea about what symlinks to make for the
scripts (but I have no idea who - maybe the postinstall
scripts in the rpm explicitly list some priority?).