Re: Why is ntp connecting with my wireless router?

Am 15.05.2010 10:58, schrieb Scott Sibley:

Hi!

> I just decided to check netstat, and noticed ntp connected to my router.
> Any reason for this?

What do you mean by that? Is your router running a NTP service and some
of your workstations are using it?
Most likely your router is advertising the service, otherwise other
machines would not be able to find it.

Besides, it is highly unlikely that NTP would cause network delays,
unless you have thousands of workstation constantly synchronizing with
the NTP server or you have a very narrow bandwidth.

--
bye
Adalbert