Re: Sophos Anti Virus

On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 2:58 PM, Nermin Celik <n.celik00@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 2:43 PM, Rodolfo Alcazar Portillo <nospaze@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Am Freitag, den 14.05.2010, 13:44 +1000 schrieb Nermin Celik:
> At work the IT technicians are insisting on transfering me to Red Hat
> from FC12 due to "Anti Virus system. Sophos Anti Virus only supports
> Red Hat not Fedora". What does this mean? I'm new to Unix environment,
> and this is too technicial.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fedora_%28operating_system%29

Your technicians message means you should buy the commercial version in
order of your antivirus to work. Since fedora and redhat are almost the
same, I don't personally agree but you don't mention any technical
argument, just the advertising.

:)

Advertising.... :( no....

IT technicians are experienced in Windows. My machine is Unix based, due to the type of my work, you can say my machine is the odd one out.

Technical argument(s):
  Technicans say: Sophos Anti Virus only supports Red Hat not Fedora
  Me: confused. Not whole heartedly convinced, hence have posted a message here.

"Since fedora and redhat are almost the same" shouldn't Sophos Anti Virus be also supported by Fedora?

I'm requesting ideas/strong arguments so that I don't change from fedora.

Rodolfo Alcazar Portillo - nospaze@xxxxxxxxx
otbits.blogspot.com / counter.li.org: #367962