Re: "Be excellent to each other" / Call people out for doin a good job

On Tue, 2010-05-11 at 22:46 -0500, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> Then I thought about it some more and contrasted it to some of the mailing
> list issues with people making mostly negative comments when something goes
> wrong or when people had disagreements. And what I thought is that we don't
> do enough calling each other out for going above and beyond (either as
> a volunteer or a even a Redhat employee).

<2 cent's worth Philosophy>
Sadly enough, we live in the entitlement age, read: No matter what we do
or don't, no matter how much we have contributed, or not, we are
entitled to a vote, to complain, to be heard. Hence the lack of
"excellent" behavior.
Sadly enough, we are all a part of this age. Some better, some worse.
</2 cent's worth Philosophy>

Never the less, as someone that has been a (very small) part of Fedora
since, well, F1, and saw it slowly expand from a half-done RedHat 9
replica to the best bleeding edge distro, I can only share your
appreciation for the people driving this project.

Hopefully the recent problems will be solved using some kind of widely
accepted compromise, paving the road to an ever better Fedora.

- Giloboa