Re: time conflict

On Mon, 2010-05-03 at 15:55 -0400, Tom Horsley wrote:
> But the odds are good that both systems will try to "fix" the clock
> when daylight time changes, so you'll get an hour off twice a year
> anyway :-).

On Linux, at least, it will actually "fix the clock," when you run the
NTP service (which tends to be the default).  i.e. It will set it to the
right time.

Windows, unless using a time server (which doesn't tend to be the
default), will simply shift the time back and forth an hour, without
regard to what the actual time is.  And may do it over and over again.
It gets even worse on older Windows, where the timezone files are out of
date.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686