Subject: FC12 on Proliant DL760
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 12:14:56 -0400
From: jjrowan <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Community assistance, encouragement, and advice for using Fedora. <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>

I've been trying to install FC12 on a 4 processor Proliant DL760.
I tried the net install CD having the DVD mounted on another server
exported with NFS but that failed.
I copied the files to a SCSI disk and tried installing from /dev/sda1
but that fails also, I can't remember the error, something about mismatch.

I downloaded and burned the 5 CD iso images to CD-R media.  Booting from
disc 1 FC12 asks me to load a driver or choose where to install from
displaying the /dev/sda1. It appears FC12 doesn't see my CDROM drive any
longer as it's source for installing.

I also tried removing the CDROM and installing a CD-RW/DVD, FC12 boots
and gets to the same screen wanting to load a driver or continue
installing from /dev/sda1 which fails with the mismatch.

Anyone have a tip on how to install FC12 on a Compaq Proliant DL760?

begin:vcard
fn:John Rowan
n:Rowan;John
email;internet:rowan@xxxxxxxxxxxx