Strange issue with ceasing IO operations

I'm having an issue with my server.  After successful installation of F12 the system works normally for a while and then seems like all IO operations cease.  I am not able to access anything from the disk so only the cached commands work.  The CPU utilization is very low while load average is through the roof along with IOWAIT pegged at close to 100%.  There is no disk activity at all.  There are no errors anywhere.  Everything seems to be in order.

I think this is related to the software RAID I setup on the system.  I have four 1 TB Western Digital Green drives configured using BIOS configuration into RAID10.  I'm just not sure what the heck is going on.

I'm not sure this is motherboard/CPU/memory related because I tried it with two different computers and the only thing that I moved between them were the drives.  Any ideas how I could troubleshoot this further?

--
Thank you,

Ziemowit Pierzycki