Re: Acer Aspire AS7540-1408 a decent fedora (13) laptop?

>   i am once again in the market for a newer fedora laptop, and this
> one seems like a decent bargain (open box discount):
>
> http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=6051933&CatId=4965
>
>   mostly i'm paying a few extra bucks for the 1600x900 display, but
> does anyone see any fatal flaws in this system from a fedora
> perspective?
>
>   minimally, i want:
>
>   * 64-bit processor with H/W virt support
>   * at least 3GB RAM (4 would have been better but, eh ...)
>   * HDMI port
>   * 802.11 b/g/n
>
> so this *seems* to fit the bill -- does anyone see any show-stoppers?
> thanks.

One note...I'm currently using F12 on an Acer Aspire 5100...the only thing
that doesn't work as I'd like is the audio subsystem...specifically, the
microphone input.  When I attempt to record anything, I can hear myself,
but the recording software doesn't actually record anything.

Hopefully, F13 on the hardware you note, above, has better support.
--
Mike Burger
http://www.bubbanfriends.org

Visit the Dog Pound II BBS