Re: FC12 - messed up system trays and lost weather

Some progress....

> I was again trying to get my external monitor on my KVM working (that
> failed, I guess nothing changed in X11org all these months), and with
> the resolution dropping down at one point, it seems things got
> rearranged and I can't put humpty dumpty back together again.

Oh, I was using system-config-display and explicitly defining my
hardware as a 1280x800 LCD, but that did not help as once it switched to
the external monitor it went to 800x600.

> Oh, I deleted /etc/X11/xorg.conf after trying some things and failing,
> so I THINK I am back to 'defaults'.
>
> On the top tray, date/time is to the left of volume, network, and
> battery and I cannot move it to the right of them where it use to be.
> And weather and temp are not showing, even though they are selected.
>
> On the bottom tray, trash is to the left of the 4 workspaces selector
> and I can't move back to the right of them.
>
> How do I put things back as they were?  (I suppose the only IMPORTANT
> thing is getting weather and temp showing again).

Yet another reboot got weather and temp showing, but order is still
wrong. I cannot move the date/time to the right of the volume, network,
& battery icons.