Re: Packagekit bug icon not disappearing in F11!

On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 01:58:31PM +0100, mike cloaked wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 1:29 PM, Kelly Dunlop <kelly@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > I'm running F11 and Gnome and sometimes I use yum or if I'm feeling lazy I
> > just click on the PackageKit icon and let it do the updates. ?Either way
> > the icon goes away afterwards. ?Sometimes it may take a few minutes because
> > PackageKit obviously has to do the equivalent of a yum check-update to see
> > what you've updated. ? I know this because if do a yum from the command line
> > and only update some of the packages and then try immediately to do another
> > yum update there is a lock in place.
> >
> > I think I'd be irritated if it didn't go away because it should allow you
> > to use yum in preference to the GUI.
>
> Well interestingly I set the preferences to never check for updates or
> major upgrades and to never install and yet it still does pop up so it
> must still actually check for updates - I know that I could uninstall
> gnome packagekit altogether but it is a bit disconcerting that it
> appears to still check for updates when you asked it not to!

To be honest I probably did the same thing because I'd rather update things
when I want to but I'm not actually by the machine at the moment - it's at home.
I'll try and see what I have it set to tonight and let you know.

Kelly
--
Kelly Dunlop
kelly@xxxxxxxxxxxx