Packagekit bug icon not disappearing in F11!

I have machines running both F11 and F12 - in F12 if there are updates
available then the PackageKit icon pops onto the (gnome) taskbar, and
if I then use yum on the CLI to update the system the icon on the
taskbar goes away once the updates are complete. Presumably if I
allowed PackageKit to run the updates then the same would happen.
(Often I update from another machine via ssh which is why yum is my
preferred update method)

On the other hand on my F11 machine when the updates notification pops
up, if I use yum to update the system then the icon remains and does
not magically disappear from the taskbar until I log out and back in
again - this is with the gnome desktop.

Am I alone or do other users see this also?  It is not a major problem
but is a slight irritation!

--
mike c