Re: How to list what users are in a group

On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 1:28 PM, Larry Brower <larry@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Threading is normally down by the message headers and not by the
> subject. Before saying stuff like "wow" and seeming so shocked and
> amazed, perhaps you should RTFM ?

So I did. I was again surprised to find that RFC822 never mentions
threads. References are references, In-Reply-To is In-Reply-To and
while a client is free to make additional assumptions, the assumptions
don't become part of the standard, no matter how popular they become.
Or maybe I'm looking at the wrong standard?

I was expecting that
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines#Starting_a_New_Subject
would make it clear that, whatever the standard may allow, this list
assumes clients treat in-reply-to as equivalent to threads. Close, but
no superglue. Looks to me - if you're one of the persons offended by
hijacking, you know just what that page is talking about. However, if
you're one of the unwashed (don't use 'real' client), trying to
understand what the problem is, ....... not much help.

Dave