Re: How to list what users are in a group

On 04/21/2010 06:58 AM, David Burns wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 12:54 PM, Ed Greshko <Ed.Greshko@xxxxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:Ed.Greshko@xxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>
>     On 04/21/2010 06:39 AM, David Bartmess wrote:
>     > This is a basic linux question, but how do I find out what users are
>     > included in a given group?
>     >
>     >
>     By not "hijacking" treads.
>
>     Don't take a message and change the subject.  This is "hijacking" and
>     breaks threads.  Start a new message.
>

> Did I miss something? In what way does this qualify as hijacking? Off
> topic, maybe, ought to RTFM definitely, but hijack?
> Dave

Yes, you missed something....  "David Bartmess" took a message jdow.
The subject of that message was "Re Clamv".  He changed the subject to
what is above and sent it....

The message contains "References:" in the header which is used by real
email clients (maybe not gmail) to sort messages in threads.  When you
do what is described above, threading becomes broken for many people.

Please also see...

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines#Starting_a_New_Subject

--
Democracy is the name we give the people whenever we need them. -- Arman
de Caillavet, 1913 Guess Who! http://tinyurl.com/mc4xe7