Re: Auto shutdown when idle

Riccardo Rencinai wrote:

> Now that HAL is gone for real I have no idea on how to achieve the same
> result. The gnome faq related to GnomePowerManager has not been updated
> and it is still pointing to the above trick.
>
> Any suggestion on how to achieve the same result with fedora 12 (or 13)
> will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your reply.

If the machines are on a network, you could just ssh into each one
of them and poweroff the ones where you detect inactivity, based on
load average or other metrics (for example is the screensaver running
with the same PID since 10 minutes?).

Just put a script doing that in a crontab on one "master" machine
and let it always run.

   Roberto Ragusa    mail at robertoragusa.it