Re: gnome-key-manager-> seahorse

Hi: 2¢

On Tue, 2010-04-20 at 03:00 +0930, Tim wrote:
> On Sun, 2010-04-18 at 08:36 -0500, Aaron Konstam wrote:

> On the other hand, when it's referred to as the Firefox web browser,
> then I know it's *a* web browser, and *which* one.  Likewise for the
> other applications I mentioned, but that (full identification) rarely
> seems to be the case.
>
> Better use of the menu system helps in this regards, but only for what's
> already installed.  If it comes to adding more software, much of the
> stuff listed in the add/remove list of thingies is completely obscure.
> KDE seems to be the worst for that sort of thing, coming up with kutesy
> names that start with a k, but mean nothing to you unless you've already
> heard of the program.

Just to add another dimension to this naming discussion. The name often
has nothing to do with the command line run command and there is no easy
way to find what command to use on the command line if or when you want
to run an application from there instead of a menu icon. The only
successful way I have found is to drag a copy of the icon from the menu
to the desktop and then look at the properties on the desktop icon.
Surely there could be a field in the menu properties that shows the /bin
or /sbin command.

--
Regards Bill
Fedora 12, Gnome 2.28