Re: Kmail 1.1.32 Issue

On Sat, 2010-04-17 at 12:19 +0100, Richard Ibbotson wrote:
> Hi
>
> I've got a problem with the Fedora 12 KDE 4.4.1 and KDE 4.4.2 versions
> of Kmail (just upgraded).  There are five messages stuck in the inbox
> that I cannot delete.  I have tried the Kmail delete button.  Also
> done a 'cd' to .kde/share/apps/kmail/mail/inbox/cur.  There is nothing
> in there to delete.  In the inbox I can see messages with a subject of
> (No Subject) including the brackets.  The sender is "Unknown" and the
> date is "Unknown".  Mail download is from my ISP by Kmail.
>
> Can anyone suggest where else I can look to delete these left over
> stubs of previous messages ?

Probably a messed-up index. I don't use Kmail but usually in similar
situations with other MUAs the quickest fix is to:

1) Exit the MUA (making sure all instances are gone)
2) Look for the folder index file(s)
3) Remove them
4) Restart the MUA

The MUA should reconstruct the index from the raw data. Make backups
before you do all this of course.

poc