Re: Kmail 1.1.32 Issue

On 04/17/2010 07:19 AM, Richard Ibbotson wrote:
> Hi
>
> I've got a problem with the Fedora 12 KDE 4.4.1 and KDE 4.4.2 versions
> of Kmail (just upgraded).  There are five messages stuck in the inbox
> that I cannot delete.  I have tried the Kmail delete button.  Also
> done a 'cd' to .kde/share/apps/kmail/mail/inbox/cur.  There is nothing
> in there to delete.  In the inbox I can see messages with a subject of
> (No Subject) including the brackets.  The sender is "Unknown" and the
> date is "Unknown".  Mail download is from my ISP by Kmail.
>
> Can anyone suggest where else I can look to delete these left over
> stubs of previous messages ?
>

> Richard
> http://www.sheflug.org.uk

 For what its worth I had seen similar things back in fedora 7 ... my
best advice is as follows:

 1) Do not use kmail or any mail client to actually store your local
mail - ever.

 What I do is run a local imap server (dovecot) and keep all mail there.
Once its up just use kmail to copy all your existing local stored mails
to the imap server.

  I suspect you'll find those 'dummy stub mails' will not be copied -
even if something does  you should be able to delete it as it is now on
imap server (using kmail or any other mail client for that matter).

 2) Exit kmail, mv your .kde/share/apps/kmail to a backup area and
restart and reset up your kmail. Now that your local store is imap this
will be a breeze.

  Plus you now can easily try or switch to other mail clients if you
ever want to without worrying about moving local stored mails.

 Regards

  gene/