Re: Clamav

From: "Sam Sharpe" <lists.redhat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, 2010/April/17 02:09

On 17 April 2010 08:41, jdow <jdow@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> [...]

Read the page more carefully. Particularly the comments.

-------------
Nelson Elhage says:
April 13, 2010 at 12:35 pm
After all the NULL pointer vulnerabilities last year, every major
distro has now turned mmap_min_addr on by default. So if you need to
run old DOS programs in Wine you can still change it, but it should be
much harder to exploit these things by default.
-------------

-------------
Nelson Elhage says:
April 14, 2010 at 9:54 am

Tomoe: I believe that, on recent kernels, SELinux blocks mmap’ing the
zero page separately from the mmap_min_addr mechanism. You should be
able to disable this protection for the purposes of experimentation by
running

setsebool -P mmap_low_allowed 1

as root.

--
Sam

<<jdow
How many people get frustrated with SELinux and simply disable it?

{o.o}