Re: Clamav

> On Thu, 2010-04-15 at 12:22 -0700, Michael Miles wrote:
>
>> I have removed all and I will wait for proper instruction as I really
>> do not know enough about this OS
>>
> Given that you say so yourself, the logical question is "why do you need
> Clamav"? Clamav is usually installed by people running mail servers for
> users who access them from Windows. If all you're doing is reading mail
> in Linux, it's extremely unlikely that you even need it. In 35 years of
> using first Unix and then Linux, I have yet to see a single virus that
> wasn't a proof-of-concept demo.
>
> poc

This is really what I have been wrestling with myself....why do I really
need it

Is Fedora really that secure?

I come from windows and I am amazed at how not secure windows is.

So thank you as I don't really need it.

The only time I get a reaction from Virus software with linux is when I
put in a windows 7 backup dvd