Re: Busted installer for F13

On Wed, 2010-04-14 at 18:04 -0400, Bill Davidsen wrote:
> > F13 is not a released version. The place to discuss future versions
> of
> > Fedora is the test list. Complaining about not getting an answer
> when
> > you posted to the wrong list doesn't seem very helpful.
> >
> FC13 has branched from rawhide and has infofeed RSS streams and its
> own channel
> on bugzilla. Therefore questions here are probably valid and certainly
> deserve a
> polite answer, one without "complaining" and "the wrong list doesn't
> seem very
> helpful." If you mean "perhaps the test list could help" that's a good
> way to
> say it.

Well, I thought I was being polite, but there you go.

The info page for this list says it "... provides community assistance,
encouragement, and advice for Fedora users.", while the Test list says
only that it's "For testers of Fedora development releases". Given that
F13 is still a Fedora development release, it seems clear to me that
questions about it are better directed there than here. Furthermore, a
lot of testers don't actually read this list, so the chances of a useful
answer will be higher. That's all.

poc