Re: Busted installer for F13

Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-04-14 at 13:30 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> I thought this should be a fedora problem so I
>> took it to the fedora list.  And I _still_ think it is a fedora
>> problem and would appreciate an answer.
>
> F13 is not a released version. The place to discuss future versions of
> Fedora is the test list. Complaining about not getting an answer when
> you posted to the wrong list doesn't seem very helpful.

FC13 has branched from rawhide and has infofeed RSS streams and its own channel
on bugzilla. Therefore questions here are probably valid and certainly deserve a
polite answer, one without "complaining" and "the wrong list doesn't seem very
helpful." If you mean "perhaps the test list could help" that's a good way to
say it.

In answer to the original question, if you want to try before the beta, try the
Live CD first, if it runs on your hardware use the "install to disk" option and
then add things you need. It's not a polished process, and if the real beta
fails the same way please report in bugzilla.

I got complaints trying to warn people that running shutdown produced a crash
every time, unmounting filesystems save time on the next boot. I've moved my
production print and scan service to it for test, rock solid so far. The display
drives for Intel, Nvidia and ATI are great for 3D and wobbly windows, suck if
you don't like 100ms screen blanking frequently.

Good luck.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>