Re: acroread and links in /tmp to cups PPD's

Joachim Backes wrote:

> surely I can enwrap acroread into a script, but this only cures the
> symptoms and not the cause of this misbehaviour.
>
> Kind regards
>
> Joachim Backes <joachim.backes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Acroread is closed source, so your best chance is to limit the damage.

Adobe PDF code has a tendency to generate lots of tmp files (one for
embedded pic, something like that).

If you are going to wrap it, consider setting TMPDIR, TEMPDIR and
similar env avariables (running "strings" on the adobe binaries will
tell you something more) to point to a throw-away directory.

   Roberto Ragusa    mail at robertoragusa.it