Re: Need help with clamav-0.96

On 04/12/2010 03:11 PM, Steven W. Orr wrote:
> On 04/11/10 23:27, quoth Kevin J. Cummings:
>
>> On 04/11/2010 10:55 PM, Steven W. Orr wrote:
>>
>>> I'm running F10 so I can't expect much help, but the 0.94 version of clamav is
>>> about to go defunct. I successfully built 0.96 but now when I start it up I
>>> get this message:
>>>
>>> [root@saturn test]# clamscan --debug clam-v*.rar sendme
>>> LibClamAV debug: searching for unrar, user-searchpath: /usr/lib
>>> LibClamAV debug: searching for unrar: libclamunrar_iface.so.6.1.2 not found
>>> LibClamAV debug: searching for unrar: libclamunrar_iface.so.6 not found
>>> LibClamAV debug: searching for unrar: libclamunrar_iface.so not found
>>> LibClamAV debug: searching for unrar: libclamunrar_iface.a not found
>>> LibClamAV Warning: Cannot dlopen libclamunrar_iface: file not found - unrar
>>> support unavailable
>>>
>>> The funny thinng is that
>>>
>>> *582>  ls -l /usr/lib/libclamunrar_iface.so*
>>> lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 27 Apr 10 23:16 /usr/lib/libclamunrar_iface.so ->
>>> libclamunrar_iface.so.6.1.2
>>> lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 27 Apr 10 23:16 /usr/lib/libclamunrar_iface.so.6 ->
>>> libclamunrar_iface.so.6.1.2
>>> -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 8024 Apr  9 22:18 /usr/lib/libclamunrar_iface.so.6.1.2
>>>
>> Steve,
>> 	What does "ldd clamscan" report wrt your libraries?
>> 	Do you need to change ld.so.conf to find your "new" libraries?
>> 	Did you run ldconfig after adding the new .so files?
>>

>>> So, basically, I have no idea where to proceed. If anyone has a suggestion,
>>> I'd be grateful.
>>>
>> 	I hope this helps!
>>
> I appreciate the response but this doesn't really help:
>
> * The file in question is in /usr/lib which happens to be a place where no
> amount of misconfiguration could possibly cause the library to be not found.
>
> * The message says that dlopen can't find it and it even lists the places that
> it's looking.
>
> * And BTW, the permissions on the file are the same as every other file in
> /usr/lib.
>
> I'm still open to more suggestions. :-(

I tried with Clam Av for a bit until I found this
http://www.bitdefender.com/media/html/en/unicesportal/

The unices version is trial, they give you 45 days at which time

I just renewed the sub for another 45 days

I'm still not convinced that linux is 100% immune so this gives me added
comfort

It has never found anything except when I load a old win 7 backup disk
of programs I had.
Lots of bad thing there

The reason ClamAv did not do it for me was definition updates (lack of)

Bitdefender works for me