Re: Need help with clamav-0.96

On 04/11/10 23:27, quoth Kevin J. Cummings:
> On 04/11/2010 10:55 PM, Steven W. Orr wrote:
>> I'm running F10 so I can't expect much help, but the 0.94 version of clamav is
>> about to go defunct. I successfully built 0.96 but now when I start it up I
>> get this message:
>>
>> [root@saturn test]# clamscan --debug clam-v*.rar sendme
>> LibClamAV debug: searching for unrar, user-searchpath: /usr/lib
>> LibClamAV debug: searching for unrar: libclamunrar_iface.so.6.1.2 not found
>> LibClamAV debug: searching for unrar: libclamunrar_iface.so.6 not found
>> LibClamAV debug: searching for unrar: libclamunrar_iface.so not found
>> LibClamAV debug: searching for unrar: libclamunrar_iface.a not found
>> LibClamAV Warning: Cannot dlopen libclamunrar_iface: file not found - unrar
>> support unavailable
>>
>> The funny thinng is that
>>
>> *582 > ls -l /usr/lib/libclamunrar_iface.so*
>> lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 27 Apr 10 23:16 /usr/lib/libclamunrar_iface.so ->
>> libclamunrar_iface.so.6.1.2
>> lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 27 Apr 10 23:16 /usr/lib/libclamunrar_iface.so.6 ->
>> libclamunrar_iface.so.6.1.2
>> -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 8024 Apr  9 22:18 /usr/lib/libclamunrar_iface.so.6.1.2
>
> Steve,
> 	What does "ldd clamscan" report wrt your libraries?
> 	Do you need to change ld.so.conf to find your "new" libraries?
> 	Did you run ldconfig after adding the new .so files?
>
>> So, basically, I have no idea where to proceed. If anyone has a suggestion,
>> I'd be grateful.
>
> 	I hope this helps!

I appreciate the response but this doesn't really help:

* The file in question is in /usr/lib which happens to be a place where no
amount of misconfiguration could possibly cause the library to be not found.

* The message says that dlopen can't find it and it even lists the places that
it's looking.

* And BTW, the permissions on the file are the same as every other file in
/usr/lib.

I'm still open to more suggestions. :-(

steveo at syslang.net