Re: F12 Bug 540584 recrudesces -- Second Update : Surprise!

On Sun, 11 Apr 2010 20:01:30 +0000, BeartoothHOS wrote:

 On Sun, 11 Apr 2010 13:58:53 +0000, I Beartooth wrote:
> 	[....]
> 	I've now established that all three machines run fine while out
> from behind the KVM switch, as expected.
>
> 	Next I'll try rebooting them all, while back behind it, [...]

	I did that much, with one small wrinkle from the bugzilla : I let
each finish booting before the next. Unexpectedly, all let me log in, and
run my accustomed apps.

	What's more, once they were all up, I could (and still can)
switch among them at will again.

	So it must be a different bug, right?

	The present situation is just like the one, several releases
back, after installing or updating a release. Each machine had to have a
direct connection, free of the KVM switch, to autoconfigure X.

	This has *not* been the case for the last half dozen or so
releases -- the machines got whatever they needed *through* not only this
KVM switch, but at least one before it. So I could install or upgrade on
one while still using the others normally.

	If some kindly developer can restore that situation, it would
save a lot of hassle.