Re: ATI Mobility Radeon 5450 driver and Fedora 12 X86_64

On Friday 09 April 2010 10:09 PM, Jatin K wrote:
> On 04/09/2010 01:03 PM, Suvayu Ali wrote:
>>
>> As I understand it, your card is the latest chipset from ATI.
>> mesa-dri-drivers-experimental supports 3D for chipsets up to RV 770. The
>> development for the open drivers are fast enough that I would expect
>> support for your chipset to be available within another release cycle.
>>
> do you mean another release is like Fedora 13 ???

Fedora 13 is only a month away! That might happen, but I would expect
improvement part way through the release or in Fedora 14. Please bear in
mind this is all speculation based on my previous experience with
bleeding edge hardware.

You can try following the developer mailing list for the radeon drivers
if you want to follow when your chipset has full 3D support.

GL
--
Suvayu